AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Thursday, February 1, 2018

1 LINE TRAINING GEMS - TIME TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX


For the last week or 2 I've been going through the highlighted quotes from probably my favorite strength coach of all Joel Smith, an ex-track athlete and now track and field coach from California.

He has a website called www.just-fly-sports.com which I must have read every single word of over the years.

He has a podcast that all the coaches on that I follow through social media but as I'm more of a reader and a listener in regards to my research, I simply read all the highlighted quotes located on the page of each podcast coach and noted the best of them of which I will highlight in posts going forward.

I'm just going to leave the various 1 liners here and allow you to interpret it as you see fit, feeling free to start a discussion on it over on the Facebook page if you like.

I can clarify each quote so just let me know if you'd like me to expand on it more.

The quotes pertain to various sports, not just footy but taking idea's from 1 sport to another is how a lot of sports have developed over the years as specific sports can get muddled in the same idea's for years and years (footy is a prime example of this) so expanding your knowledge base can revolutionise how you train your team to perform, getting a huge jump on your opposition.

Matt Gifford - build the lateral chain

Nick Garcia - stay with the same program (sets/reps/load) until your performance exercise peaks, then change it up

Dan Fichter - when you train maximally then you are forced to recover maximally

Ryan Banta - make your athletes consistently think during their warm ups

JB Morin - sled speed training with 80% of bodyweight load is strength training, not sprint training

Jeff Moyer - the 3 best special exercises for exercises for speed is push off ankle exercises, knee drive exercises and paw back exercises

Jonas Dodoo - speed attractors (been meaning to do a blog on this for ages actually) are projection of the hip and limb exchange

What do you think of these 1 liners and how do you think you could use them to better prepare yourself or your players for footy?

No comments:

Post a Comment