AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Hit the Finals in Peak Condition for $20

This week I finished up my little 10 day strength block. I was focusing on squats for this block using a little known exercise called belt squats.


It's as big a bitch to set up and perform as it looks don't get me wrong but it's great for max effort type loading with out spinal compression which should be minimised where it can during the season especially. It's handy to have a 5yr old mini-me to help too!

I did other strength stuff in this block so here's the full program I completed with a few changes as I went along cos you gotta be flexible:

I actually started some of these exercise the week prior doing Belt Squats @ 75kgs x 5 reps + T Bar Deadlifts @ 105kgs x 5 reps + Bench Press (BP) @ 75kgs x 5 reps w/ a 5 sec eccentric each rep

Saturday - Game

Monday - Belt Squats (BS) x 4 reps @ 85kgs + T Bar Deadlifts (TBDL) x 4 reps @ 115kgs*

Wednesday - BS 95 x 3 + DB Chest Supported Row (DB CR) 4 x 12 @ 22.5kgs...BP @ 80kgs x 4 reps w/ a 3sec isometric each rep + Lataral Squat (LS) 2 x 5 @ 10kgs

Friday - BS 105 x 3 + Push Up (set 1 - drop and catch / set 2 - plyometric singles / set 3 - drop catch plyometric) all x 8 reps + Rows (set 1 - stability / set 2 - sa chest supported / set 3 - db row) all x 8 reps @ 30kgs

Monday - LS @ 12.5kgs x 5 reps + BS 115kgs x 3 reps + LS @ 12.5kgs x 5 reps

Wednesday - BS 125kgs x 3

Thursday - BP 85kgs x 4 reps + DB CR 4 x 12 @ 25kgs

Saturday - Game

* I had planned to do both BS and TBDL for this block but I couldn't load the t-bar with more then 115kgs so I took them out.

So why did I choose Squats?

I had a couple of reasons with the first one being that initial acceleration and quad strength has a pretty good correlation and that I hadn't done anything nearing max effort for the lower body since early March so without needing to be 1005 for Saturday I could wear the body down a bit if I needed to.

If I didn't go away for the long weekend I could have done another BS session and gone heavier but there's no premiership medals being handed out for squat strength is there?

Since last August I've done 2 rehab blocks (knee + back), 2 speed blocks, 3 aerobic conditioning blocks and various other "bit" blocks as well.

As you can see I've covered pretty much everything at various times and for the rest of the season I'm yet to plan out what to do next. We have a run of 5 games in a row against teams in the bottom bracket so I could embark in some extra training and I also seem to be pulling up better from games that's for sure.

For most of you it's the half way mark of the season and the peak condition you might have been in earlier in the season has been slowly worn away a little bit which means you need to go again to be at your peak when you really need it - finals time!!

So if you have a glaring weakness then for $20 I''ll tailor make a 4 week program that you can simply plug in to your current training with minimal effort. Whether your speed is lacking, your endurance needs work or your strength levels are down from not hitting the gym like you did in the summer - you let me know what you need and I'll deliver.

The theme for this is 1 problem - 1 solution.

This isn't the time to be trying to set personal bests in everything. Choose 1 thing and let's concentrate on it to get the best, and fastest results.

All programs will be delivered via email with accompanying videos and any notes you need to carry out the program .

Hit the Paypal button below, send your payment to lange_troy@hotmail,com and I'll respond pretty much immediately. In the message bit put in your goal being as specific as you can in regards to how it holds your performance back, what you'll be able to do with it after the program has finished and what time/equipment you have to put into the program.

I'll do the rest!

I'm not sure how many players I can take on for this so get in early before I get overwhelmed and have to stop taking people on for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment