AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Thursday, March 10, 2016

My Own Heart Rate Variability in Action

Today I'm sick - got some cold like symptoms and slept like shit last night.

But you know I could have seen it coming.

Take a look at my daily / baseline HRV results for the last 15 days:

8.0 / 8.5
7.9 / 8.4
8.4 / 8.3
8.0 / 8.2
7.3 / 8.1
8.2 / 8.0
9.1 / 8.3
8.0 / 8.1
6.7 / 8.0
7.5 / 7.9
7.4 / 7.8
7.8 / 7.8
7.5 / 7.7
7.4 / 7.5 - got sick today
6.3 / 7.2 - worse sleep ever last night...resting heart rate was 87 when it's normally in the mid 50's!

As this is the off season for me then this isn't a deal breaker but what I had these results during the season?

I would have played 2 games in an already fatigued state and probably barely get a kick in either game.

Worst of all the intensity of a game coupled with my high fatigue levels would have a high potential of soft tissue injury attached to it.

From taking my HRV for a while now I know that anything from 7.7 or below tells me I'm not handling my current stress level so to be on the safe side I won't train until I hit an 8 which will hopefully be Sunday or Monday.

There's no point training now in any capacity as I'm just putting stress on top of stress and with practice game number 1 on the agenda for next Saturday, that is the priority right now. I've to 2 priority 1 sessions to complete, 1 priority 2 and 2 priority 3 sessions but I know already I'll only get 3 of these in tops before next Saturday.

The advantage of the Aussie Rules Training Player Monitoring System is that we can see these downward spirals before it gets to a state or sickness or injury. We don't want to miss games but if we need to miss a training session in an effort to get an extra 24hrs recovery, then with solid date to back up, your coach shouldn't have a problem with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment