AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Beetroot Juice = Improve Endurance



In my previous post I was about to embark on a little supplementation experiment with beetroot juice and its effects on endurance.

I loaded Thursday, Friday and Saturday with 70ml each day coupled with some apple juice to taste it up a little.

As usual I salt loaded Friday lunchtime and had my regulatory Powerade pre game (50% Powerade and 50% water) but I also added my last beetroot juice load to that drink.

The results?

Nothing world beating but I managed to get through the entire 4 quarters rather well for my near non existent endurance training regime. We got pumped as well which means there was a ridiculously high volume of ball coming into our backline which meant you barely got your breath back before you had to go again. I also had 3 blokes changing through my position so they were fresh as daisies. Yep, tough day at the office!!

I will continue with this throughout the year except I will load from Wednesday which I would have done last week but I couldn't find anywhere to get it until Thursday.

Hopefully I'll also be able to hit the training track with a little but more frequency too which will help but you'll be amazed how you're endurance can improve simply through running as hard as you can throughout a game.

So if you're one of those blokes like me who can't get to training for whatever reason (hopefully it's a good one though, not a lazy one) then get as much out of a game as you can. Don't just run for the sake of it, but run to receive, run to make space, run to assist a teammate. These are all things that you should be doing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment