AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Friday, September 2, 2011

The 'Can't Fail' Off Season Plan

A couple of weeks ago I posted a little about my up coming off season.

My season hasn't finished yet though, we play in an elimination final on Sunday and if we play to our abilities we should play at least the first 2 weeks, if not all 4.

Anything can happen in finals though.

I'm already looking towards my off season training to get stronger, bigger and faster then this year which shouldn't be hard as I only started playing in round 7 or something and had only done a couple of squat focused programs for my training. Not really footy specific at all.

So what I have made up the ultimate program consisting of 5 phases that last 4 weeks each, a progression of exercises through each phase and also a progression from strength to explosiveness in a strength quality sense.

I will be doing all of this training myself but here's where I'm a good bloke.

If you are a local Melbourneite then I am going to open up my personal training studio, and my training program, to you.

I have the program.

I have the equipment.

I have the know how.

All you need to do is turn up and do the work.

I will ask for 1 thing though and that is a commitment to the program for 5 months.

Yes a big commitment but the program is very progressive and I am looking at running this in a group setting so to keep the logistics as simple as possible, it would be preferable if we could all start at the same time and progress at the same time.

The time line of events will look like something like this:

October - Initial Combine Day where we will test our 'indicator exercises' to set a baseline for the entire program.

October to Christmas - the emphasis is on building a foundation of strength and packing on some lean muscle with some higher volume training.

January to March - the training will make a shift to explosiveness utilising contrast training to increase acceleration and starting speed.

End of February - Combine Day where will see just how far you've come in the last 5 months of training.

Each participant will receive a static and dynamic postural analysis and the program is very adaptable so if you have a past or present injury that causes restriction then as well as rehab whatever injury you do have, we can also make sure that old injury doesn't come back to haunt you.

My personal training studio is located in Toorak Road, South Yarra and there will be a cost but I will try and keep it as low as I possibly can. I'll be starting in early October so if you think you could benefit from this then email me at lange_troy@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment