AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Need for Speed

Do you train to increase your speed?

Of course, everyone can do with a little more speed in a game where it is king.

What do you do?

50m sprints and 100m sprints?

Great but are you doing them in a fatigued state?

I bet you are, and that is where the problem lies.

Actual speed training is the focus of quality over quantity meaning each set is designed to cause absolutely no fatigue and even then you'll give yourself plenty of rest so each set is performed in an optimal speed development state.

Initially it's best to start with very small distances and work up because if you're not fast over 10 meters, you won't be fast over 20 meters.

This is the basis of my current training, speed development, so as I go along I'll outline bits and pieces that I'm doing and Friday I recorded some sprints which are up on the aussierulestraining youtube page. They're not great quality but this is the best of the 4 sets I did:

No comments:

Post a Comment