AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Friday, October 22, 2010

Filming Is Done and My Current Training

Just finished this ordinary Saturday morning.

Now all I have to do is go over the manual and alter it to how I want it and we'll be ready to release.

I'm heading away tomorrow for 8 days in Thailand (hello sun!!) but I'll still train at a gym that is apparently around from corner form where we're staying called Don's Gym.

For the past 5 weeks I've been doing a program by US Performance Trainer Kelly Baggett which which focuses on training some lifts at a high frequency and intensity at the start of the week then backing off the other 4 days.

Here's what it looks like:

Prior - determine or estimate your 1 rep max for whatever lift you'll choose to do and base the first 2 days of that.

Monday - 4 x 3 @ 85%
Tuesday - 3 x 2 @ 90%
Wednesday - work up to a 1rm then do 4 x 1 @ 95% of that
Friday - 4 x 1 @ 80% of Wednesday weight

So as you can see it's a lot to do up the front of the week before basically resting for 4 days. What the program is based on is over training a movement to decrease your performance by 5% but then the extra rest brings you back on the next Monday at a 5% performance improvement so increase your baseline max you chose pre program by 5% or 5pds and go again.

I have modified mine a bit and I'm doing the following:

Week 1 - Bench Press and Back Squats
Week 2 - Push Press and Deadlifts

While I'm away I hope to be able to do my 3rd cycle of week 2, but I'm not sure how equipped the gym is that I will be going to.

On the Wednesday and Saturday I'm doing sprints and gradually increasing the volume so hopefully I can also do them too. Friday is some back, glute and core work with pretty low volume for maintenance.

So that's we're I'm at with everything so I'll try and put the finishing touches on the Aussie Rules Training Off Season Training Manual before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment