AUSSIE RULES TRAINING

AUSSIE RULES TRAINING & COACHING ARTICLES / PROGRAMS / DRILLS

TAKE YOUR FOOTY TO A LEVEL YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD

IT'S HERE!! aussierulestraining.com

Saturday, January 2, 2010

My New Training Program


I'm starting my new training program on Monday and I'm looking forward to it as I'm trying some new things I haven't done before.

531 - popularised by Jim Wendler, the simplicity of this is very appealing. Usually my max effort work takes half of my session time but the way this is set up it should only take 15mins per exercise of which there are 2 performed for each session.

High Rep Squats - if you've ever done these then you'll know exactly why I'm doing them. If you haven't then it's a good thing you're reading this blog.

Perfect Rep Training - popularised by Christian Thibadeau it basically involves doing sets of 3 reps per set, starting at 50% of your maximum weight and increasing the weight each set, making sure to accelerate the bar as fast as you can with each set. So you keep adding weight for sets of 3 until you feel that you can't accelerate the weight with as much speed as your previous set. Once you've dialled this in you won't even do the next set as you'll know from the previous set that you should have stopped. This "ramping" activates the nervous system more and more with each set so a weight that previously might have felt hard for you will be a breeze.

Peri Workout Nutrition - this is basically the time from 90 minutes before your training session to 90 minutes after your training session and it's where you should be dialling in your nutrition to prepare and then recover from each and every training session. A fair bit of work for me initially but once it's settled it will be easy to actually do.

Supplements - anyone that knows me knows that, even though I am personal trainer and train myself, I am not a big fan of supplements, mainly because those who use them (15 year olds doing 4 different variations of bicep curls) rely on them to get results instead of hard work. I have never done a proper "cycle" of supplements so I'm very little intrigued to see how they work for me.

Food - I just came off a 28 day fat loss plan that I finished before Christmas which had me training 100x mote then I was eating so to go into a muscle building phase and being encouraged to eat is a god sent. That being said, I made up for it over the Christmas period.

I have a journal over here with more details:

http://www.sizematters.com.au/members-diary/28629-operation-me-get-big.html#post354204

No comments:

Post a Comment